Hosting a fun and exciting house party for your friends shouldn’t be too difficult, right? Wrong!
If you want your party to really rock and leave everyone wanting for more, then you need to plan carefully and do more than simply buy some random drinks, snacks, and games.
How to Host a Great House Party?
Want to give your friends a truly memorable experience? Then just follow these steps:
- Decide What Kind of Party You Want
What kind of party are we talking about here? Is it a Christmas party, Halloween party, etc.? Or is it a celebration of a special event, like a bachelor party?
Depending on what the occasion is, you need to plan the decorations, food, music, etc. For instance, if it’s a Christmas party, then obviously, you may want to prepare eggnog, create a playlist of popular Christmas-themed music tracks, get some of the divine Christmas gins, and decorate the food items accordingly. Similarly, if it’s a super bowl party, then you may want to get your jersey on, prepare for some juicy chicken wings, and get a few crates of beers, etc.
- Make Interior Arrangements and Invite Your Friends
The overall feel of the party is highly dependent on the number of people who are going to be there. For instance, if you are inviting only a few close friends, then the conversations are going to be super casual. However, if there are going to be acquaintances present as well, especially from work, then maybe you won’t be able to let your hair down as much as you may want.
The placement of furniture is also dependant on the number of people who are going to be present. Also, if you expect a large number of people, then you may need to buy/rent some additional furniture too.
As for sending the invitation, the best way to do this is to create an event on Facebook and send your friends the invitations for the same on the platform itself. You can also choose Evite, or email the invitations to everyone if you like.
Make sure that the invitations contain all the important details- date, time, address, party-theme and dress code (if there is any), etc.
- Set up the Party
This is the main phase of the party planning in which you need to:
- Pick a suitable lighting: Get the right type of lighting that creates a mood you want. Do you want something flashy or dim? Do you want RGB lighting or just yellow/bright white? Remember, the lighting can have a huge impact on the success of the party, so choose wisely.
- Set up the decorations: Once again, this depends on the theme of the party. You may also want to remove some of the items already present in the party-room that doesn’t fit with the theme.
- Pick the games: What party is complete with some fun games to play with friends? Now, since alcohol is in the picture, you definitely want to pick some cool drinking games. In addition to that, you should also pick some fun online games, from experience casino games can be a lot of fun. After all, these are enjoyed best with friends and drinks, and you don’t have to gamble with real money – you can play games like Keno or Poker just for laughs,
- Make a music playlist: If you want your guests to relax and spend time talking to each other then you could go for instrumental or lounge music. However, if you plan on getting wasted and partying hard then EDM, punk rock, etc. are some of the genres you may want to lean towards. Also, it may be a good idea to arrange for and learn how to set up karaoke with a laptop computer if you want that kind of party.
- Stock up the munchies: Partying can drain you and your friends of energy. So, make sure you have the right type of snacks in the right amount. Also, remember- variety is always good.
So, this was a simple yet complete guide on how to throw a fun house party for your buddies. Although you are free to change some of the methods shared, you still want to cover the basics nevertheless. At any rate, have fun and enjoy!