Tomorrow is IPA Day, and we Americans love IPAs. As always, Drink Me has your back. With the help of Coopers’ Craft Bourbon, here are five outstanding IPA cocktails assembled by bartenders from around the country, that you can buy for $13 or under. Go forth and celebrate!
The Coopers’ Collins $10
Made with Florida’s own Green Bench IPA. Courtesy of Mixologist, Nick Notarpole,St. Petersburg’s Copper Shaker, St. Petersburg, FL.
- 1 ½ oz Coopers’ Craft
- ¾ oz Honey syrup
- ¾ oz Fresh lemon
- 3 Fresh blackberries
- 1 Coin of fresh ginger
- Muddle blackberries and ginger in mixing glass
- Add other ingredients
- Shake until well chilled and double strain into a Collins glass over fresh ice
- Top with locally-made Green Bench IPA
- Garnish with 3 blackberries
Hangin’ With Mr. Cooper $13
Made with Tampa’s Cigar City Brewing’s Jai Alai IPA. Courtesy of General Manager, Hiram Murray, Delray Beach’s MIA Kitchen and Bar, Delray Beach, FL.
- 1 ½ oz Coopers’ Craft
- ¾ oz Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ oz Simple syrup
- ½ oz Ancho Chili Liqueur
- Jai Alai IPA
- Fresh basil
Cooped Up On A Beach $7
Hailing from San Diego, Ballast Point Brewing Company’s Pineapple Sculpin IPA shines in this tropical tipple. Courtesy of Mixologist, Grey Miller, Jacksonville’s South Kitchen & Spirits, Jacksonville, FL.
- 2 oz Coopers’ Craft
- ½ oz Turbinado simple syrup
- ¼ oz Lemon juice
- 4 dashes Hella Smoked Chili Bitters
- Topped off with Ballast Point Pineapple Sculpin IPA
Highlighting Atlanta-based Scofflaw Brewing Company’s Basement IPA. Courtesy of Mixologist, Kevin Gaspar, at Atlanta’s Establishment, Atlanta, GA.
- 1 ½ oz Coopers’ Craft Bourbon
- ¾ oz Fresh lemon juice
- ¾ oz House-made ginger infused honey
- 1 oz Scofflaw Basement IPA
- Place ice cube in glass.
- Add bourbon, honey, lemon in large tin.
- Add ice to shaker to fill halfway.
- Shake gently and strain over large ice cube.
- Float beer on top of cocktail and serve.
Oleover Twist $11
Made with Memphis, Tennessee’s Wiseacre Brewing Company’s Ananda IPA. Courtesy of Beverage Manager, Seth Wood of Nashville’s Saltine, Nashville, TN.
- 1 oz Coopers’ Craft
- 1 oz Lemon juice
- ¾ oz Oleo Saccharum*
- 1 Peach wedge, muddled
- 8 oz Wiseacre Ananda IPA
- Muddle peach wedge in a mixing tin
- Add whiskey, lemon, & Oleo Saccharum
- Shake and double strain into a 13 oz Belgian beer glass
- Top with 8 oz Wiseacre Ananda IPA
- Garnish with expressed basil & peach wedge
*Oleo Saccharum Recipe:
- Peel of 2 lemon, 2 grapefruit, 2 orange
- 6 oz sugar
Combine ingredients in bowl or mortar and pestle and muddle together. Allow to sit for 6 hours so that the sugar can pull the oils from the peel. Separate peels and strain into a mason jar for storage.